An effective ODC gives your organization both immediate and long-term advantages by bringing deeper expertise to the project and freeing your internal IT resources to focus on other activities. Specifically your organization will be able to:
- Expand expertise including both technology and processes
- Invest in the long-term and gain increased net present value (NPV) of future revenue
- Build interpersonal relationships with both internal and external team members
- Make a single investment in the learning curve and compressed training time for new team members
- Realize budget advantages through steady project and program workflow not seen in fixed-price project-based models
Many types of projects are perfect for the ODC model. Creation and support of ongoing applications, including those with growing complexity, are effectively designed, implemented and managed through an ODC. Additionally, projects with critical strategic value that require enhanced quality also benefit from the well-defined processes and zero defects of the ODC model.